The December events being held in December at Blackley Baptist Church are as follows;
- Sunday 17 December, 10:30am – Advent 3
- Monday 18 December, 1:45pm – Brooksbank School Year 7 Carols
- Wednesday 20 December, 6pm – Carols around the village
- Friday 22 December, 5pm – Crafts and Christingles
- Sunday 24 December, 6pm – Carols by Candlelight (bring a torch) followed by mince pies
- Monday 25 December, 10am – Christmas Day Service, ‘The coming of the Christchild’
Further information can be obtained from email@example.com or by phoning the church office on 01422 646843
- Sure Start Children’s Centres – Your Views Matter
- Elland Christmas Festival – today!
- Winterlight at the Wharf in Sowerby Bridge
- Autism friendly Santa’s Grotto at Eureka
- Pop-up shop for Memory Lane Cafe
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Memory Lane Cafe have a pop-up Christmas Shop again. This year the shop will be running from Monday 11 December to Saturday 16 December in the Market Arcade where the Upstairs, Downstairs Cafe used to be.
There will be hand made presents as well as lots more happening with Father Christmas, tombola, games and refreshments. See more by clicking on the poster to the right.
For more information call June on 01422 706373 / 07920 549131 or email email@example.com
- Sunday 10 December, 5pm All Saints Christmas Carol Service
- Sunday 17 December, 6pm St. Mary’s Christmas Carol Service
- Sunday 24 December, 4pm St. Mary’s Christingle and Crib Service
- Sunday 24 December, 11:30pm All Saints Midnight Mass
- Monday 25 December, 9:30am All Saints Mass of the Nativity
- Monday 25 December, 11am St. Mary’s Christmas Eucharist
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
A wonderful evening of thrilling traditional music for all to sing, enhanced by exciting works from the famous guest band, Hammonds Saltaire Band with celebrity virtuoso cornet player Phillip McCann as well as special Carols by the Overgate Hospice Choir – a number of which involve audience participation too. Something for all the family. Early booking and arrival is advised for this perennially popular concert – one of the real highlights of the Calderdale Christmas Calendar.
Tickets: £12 can be obtained from Overgate Hospice, Elland, Harvey’s of Halifax, Shoesmiths on Commercial Street or by calling 01422 373252 or online from WeGotTickets.com(Booking Fee Applies).
On Saturday 16 December meet Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother at Shibden Hall in this magical costumed workshop. Help Cinderella with her chores and discover old toys. Create your magic wand and cast a spell to send Cinderella to the ball.
Adults £3.50, Children £7. Includes admission to the hall. Time slots available:
- 11.15am – 1pm
- 1.30pm – 3.15pm
Booking is essential.
For more information email email@example.com or call 01422 352246
On 15 December at 7:00pm there will be a Christmas Concert fundraiser for the Mayor’s Charity, St. Augustine’s Centre featuring Breakaway Brass, Warley Road School Glee Club, St Hilda’s Church Choir and a Soloist.
Tickets £6, available from Halifax Town Hall.
For more information call 01422 393022 or visit www.staugustinescentrehalifax.org.uk
Halifax Minster will be holding their Christmas Carol Service on Sunday 17 December, 6.30pm
This candle-lit service tells the story of Jesus’ birth through readings and carols. Music will be performed by the Minster choirs, organ and brass, with traditional carols sung by everyone.
December 7 – Life Model.
December 14 – Workshop Christmas jigsaw painting.
December 21 – Christmas Party Time – A very Happy Christmas and New Year.
The door that BAC uses is at the back of the building, just off Thornhill Bridge Lane. Go through the outside door, take the second door on the right, up a few steps and then to the left along a very short passage, this is the room used by the BRIGHOUSE ART CIRCLE for their meetings. Other groups use the building and if you get lost, just ask. There is a bus stop outside the centre and ample street parking at the back. There is also wheelchair access and facilities.
Fees are as follows;
- Annual Sub Single member £20 – Couple £30
- Annual Sub Juniors under 18 – £5
- Life models £3
- Demonstrations £3
- Workshops are charged at £1
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Geoff on 01484 712947.
The Gathering Place winter homeless shelter runs from Jan – Mar. If you are interested in volunteering as a Befriender, Evening Team Leader, Morning Support, Evening or Morning Cook, Kitchen Assistant or as an Overnight Volunteer, please get in touch.
Training for those wishing to help at the winter homeless shelter is now ongoing. If you want to volunteer, please contact The Gathering Place (details below) as soon as possible for information.
If you wish to help at all, please get in touch or visit them:
The Food and Support Drop In, C/o The Gathering Place, 1 St James Road, Halifax, HX1 1YS.
Telephone: 01422 647390