Calderdale Council’s Home Improvement Service and Energy Action Team have received a small grant from Foundations for 2015/16 which will be used to help make homes more energy efficient and or easier to keep warm.
Warm at Home Scheme
The funding can be used towards measures such as:-
- Draught proofing to doors/windows/ceilings/floors/flues where unwanted cold air is an issue
- Work to enable insulation work to lofts and walls
- Repair to a boiler or if not part cost to a replacement
- Improvements to the controls of a central heating system i.e. fitting thermostatic radiator valves (TRV’s)
- Improvements to the performance of the heating system (bleeding radiators, fixing leaks)
- A contribution towards main gas connection
Foundations Independent Living Trust (FILT)
Foundations Independent Living Trust (FILT) helps older and vulnerable people live with dignity in their own homes. They do this by operating funds which enable local home improvement agencies (HIAs) to carry out repairs and improvements to people’s homes. Other funding available through Foundations:-
- Providing small scale safety work in people’s homes with funding from the Electrical Safety Council
- Ongoing partnership with npower Health Through Warmth, providing hardship funds for much-needed heating and insulation measures
- Work with Gas Safe Charity to deliver work to keep people’s gas appliances safe.
If you want further information about any of the above schemes or think you may qualify then please call 01422 392479 – 01422 392471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.