Age UK are looking for volunteer support for at least half a day per week to assist older people with their health and care needs and help them complete the Attendance Allowance claim form.
Age UK provide training and ongoing support for this role so if this is something you would like to do please read on…
- Interview older people and their carers/ family about their health and care needs.
- Complete the Attendance Allowance claim form for clients where appropriate
- Keep the client informed of the ‘next steps’ once the form is complete.
- Signpost older people to other services that may help them, whether other Age UKCK departments or external providers where appropriate
- Update a record of your visit on our electronic database, and liaise with Age UKCK staff in the office.
- Arrange visits to clients in their own homes keeping office staff informed and aware of your visits.
- Attend training and support sessions and provide at least one form filing session per week (approximately 2-3 hours).
Person requirements: – Any potential volunteer would need to be able to demonstrate:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, and the ability to update information onto a computerised system
- The ability to explain things clearly and simply in an appropriate manner
- The ability to write clear and accurate notes and records
- Open minded, non-judgemental approach to everyone, with patience, empathy and understanding
For volunteers visiting an older person at home you will need your own transport (your mileage will be paid), and you must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to make a difference within your community and feel that you are the right person for this role, please phone 01422 252040 and ask for Alison, or e mail email@example.com.