The Council is currently working to produce a Local Plan for Calderdale. This will set out a framework for how the District will grow over the next 15 years to meet the need for new homes and jobs. It will also identify sites for proposed development, and areas that will be protected.
The consultation starts at 12 noon on Friday 6 November and runs for 6 weeks until 5pm Friday 18 December. Residents and other stakeholders will have the opportunity to comment on potential sites, and other aspects of the Local Plan, and the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule for CIL.
We are very keen to encourage residents and others involved in the community to view the information on the Council’s website and make their comments on line, using the following links to the Local Plan page on the Council’s website.
- Potential Site Allocation Comment Form
- Other aspects of the Local Plan
- Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
The following drop-in events will be held around Calderdale and each will provide information covering the whole of the District. There is no need to register for these events, and people can come along to the venue that is the most convenient for them.
- Monday 16 November – Hebden Bridge Town Hall – 4pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 17 November – Halifax Town Hall – 4pm to 7pm
- Thursday 19 November – Todmorden Town Hall – 4pm to 7pm
- Saturday 21 November – Elland Library – 12pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 24 November – Foundry Street Centre, Sowerby Bridge – 4pm to 7pm
- Thursday 26 November – Mulberry Suite, Brighouse High School, – 4pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 8 December – Threeways Centre, Ovenden – 4pm to 7pm