Heartbeat is a registered charity based in Brighouse and run by volunteers who provide Exercise and Tai Chi classes, social events and walks for people who have had or are at risk of having a cardiac event.
The following activities cost just £2 for members and take place at Brighouse Sports Club, Russell Way, HD6 4LX
Tai Chi – 9.30am to 10.25am
Tai Chi – 10.30am to 11.25am
Exercise – 11.30am to 12.30pm
Exercise – 6.30pm to 7.30pm
Exercise – 9.30am to 10.25am
Exercise – 10.30am to 11.25am
Exercise – 11.30am to 122.30pm
Walks / Health Walks
Walks are organised every alternate Tuesday morning and every Saturday. Walks typically last 2 to 3 hours and usually end with a lunch. Organised through trained walk leaders the walks are FREE to all members, carers and parents. People who do not meet the set criteria are welcome to join the walks as an Associate Member providing they pay the annual membership fee of £5.
How do you join?
There are several ways to join classes if you meet the criteria and become a member of Heartbeat:
- See your Doctor or Practice Nurse and ask to be enrolled in the Better Living Programme.
- Obtain a letter from your Doctor/Practice Nurse stating that you meet 1 or more of the criteria and you are able to exercise
What’s the Criteria?
Remember you must meet at least 1 of the following criteria to join the Exercise and Tai Chi classes:
- You have a heart condition or have had a cardiac event
- you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- you are overweight (BMI greater than 25)
- you are diabetic (Diabetes 1 or 2)