This one day course is part of a multi-agency training programme for professionals working with young people in Kirklees and surrounding areas to develop their skills and knowledge in respect of sexual health.
The aim is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills around sexual health and its impacts on young people. This course will act as a foundation for further learning and signpost into other related courses.
- Define what is meant by sexual health
- Explore the local and national picture in relation to young people’s sexual health
- Understand the law regarding sex and young people, including the role of professionals and assessing Fraser competence
- Understand the importance of safeguarding policies and procedures in regard to working with sexually active young people
- Explore development of adolescent sexuality
- Development of skills in holding conversations with young people about their sexual health
- Know where to signpost young people to for sexual health services and how to refer
Refreshments: Please note that lunch is NOT provided. Tea and coffee will be provided in the morning and afternoon breaks. There is a café on site and plenty of cafes/ sandwich shops in the town. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch with you.
Parking: This is a town centre location. There is no parking on the site but there are several pay & display car parks within walking distance. Being in the town centre there are excellent public transport links.
RHSE 2 day course: Please note that the RSHE courses are 2 day courses. Please check the dates carefully to ensure that both parts of the course are in your diary. It is also a requirement that you attend the Introduction to Sexual Health (Level 1) course before attending the RSHE course. This is available to book through Eventbrite.
Please contact the office on 03330 043 6219 if you have any specific requirements to enable you to fully participate in the event.
Local aims to start courses promptly at the time given. Please aim to arrive for 9:00am ready for a 9:30am start
Failure to remain until the end will result in you not being issued with a certificate. It is therefore suggested that, in the event you cannot stay for the full duration, you cancel your place and apply for an alternative date.