The Project increases awareness of challenges LGBTQ young people may face, such as bullying and discrimination in schools, organisations, groups and communities across the authority. Positive Identities would like to explore the duty of care professionals have towards LGBTQ young people to increase levels of understanding, and make services accessible in a sustainable way by:
- Working with young people in the community and in primary schools.
- Supporting services and organisations to understand the importance of ensuring accessibility.
- Training community members and multi-agency professionals.
- Improve the quality of service.
Barnardo’s Positive Identities aims to create a CALDERDALE LGBTQ PARTNERSHIP GROUP, making Calderdale the best borough in the North for LGBTQ young people, their families and communities.
This is to:
- Look at the work Barnardo’s and partners have done
in Calderdale to support LGBTQ communities
- Look at the LGBTQ Action Plan released by the
Government Equalities Office in July 2018
- Invite Clinical Commissioning Group EDI Lead, Kate
Bell, to discuss the EDI equality objectives
- Discuss our vision to make Calderdale the best borough in the North for LGBTQ young people, their families and communities.
You should attend to:
- Take part in creating and shaping together the
Calderdale LGBTQ Partnership Group
- Network with other organisations and share learning
- Improve accessibility of services for young people
who identify as LGBTQ by accessing free training
- Plan co-delivery of diversity days in your local area
- Share the commitment to making Calderdale the
best borough in the North for LGBTQ young people,
their families and communities.
Please book your space on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lgbtq-partnership-grouplaunch-tickets-47819777241
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Refreshments will be provided.