School Street, Greetland HX4 8JB
Telephone: 01422 372893
West Vale Primary School: www.westvale.calderdale.sch.uk
The Greetland Academy Trust: https://www.greetlandacademy.org.uk/calderdale/primary/rghmat
Caretaker Scale 2, Part-Time 20 hrs (based at West Vale Primary School)
Hours to be agreed at interview but split shift mornings and evenings will be required
Required as soon as possible a reliable, trustworthy individual to be responsible for:-
- The day to day security of the site, including opening and closing the premises.
- Ensuring that the school is cleaned and maintained to high standards of health and hygiene.
- Monitoring the Health and Safety Standards within the school.
- Ensuring that the school’s heating, lighting and other utility services are maintained and operate correctly.
- Identifying and organising the rectification of any defects, including liaison with the Trust’s Site Manager and Contractors.
- Maintenance and general upkeep of minor internal and external fabric and repairs.
The school has a team of cleaners to assist in the daily cleaning of the school.
Prospective candidates need to have high standards of cleanliness, be reliable, willing and flexible. You need to use your own initiative, be tactful, patient and courteous.
The successful applicant would be expected to be supportive of the school’s aims and objectives.
If you are interested in joining our team of committed professionals please return your completed application form by email to Jayne Firth: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post to the Trust address: The Greetland Academy, School Street, Greetland, Halifax HX4 8JB, marking the envelope ‘FAO Jayne Firth ’.
Download application documents:
About the Trust:
The Greetland Academy Trust presently comprises of The Greetland Academy, a split –site school, KS1 being based at Saddleworth Road, Greetland with 180 pupils, KS2 based at School Street, Greetland with 240 pupils and West Vale Primary School, based at Stainland Road, West Vale with 163 pupils.
The Trust employs a Site Manager who is responsible for all security, caretaking and cleaning at each site. Each site has a part-time caretaker ensuring that there is a full team of personnel with a multitude of skills who are able to support each other and work together to ensure the same standard is maintained across all sites.
During COVID 19 it is not possible to arrange visits to the school.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st August 2020 (12 noon)
Interviews: w/c 31st August 2020