WELCOME BACK AGAIN TO MEMORY LANE CAFE!
We’re delighted to announce that, after having suspended our cafes during the National Lockdown, we will reopen again in December.
Firstly, we’ll be working carefully to follow Government guidance for the new local tier system.
Secondly, we’ll be ensuring that, through our Risk Assessments and volunteer training, everyone will have a safe and enjoyable time at Memory Lane.
Naturally, whilst the pandemic continues, we’ve had to make changes to the way we run our cafes:-
- you’ll need to book in advance (we have to limit numbers)
- our volunteer team will have completed a thorough clean before we open and you’ll find plenty of hand sanitiser around the building for you to use as often as you want
- our volunteers will be protecting you by wearing masks and, for catering, gloves. They’ll also wear protective visors for washing up.
- a volunteer will meet you at the cafe entrance and explain the location of hand sanitisers
- the volunteer will then show you to your allocated table on which you’ll find a welcome pack of information, games and the quiz
- your table will be socially-distanced from others so please do keep to your allocated seat.
- refreshments (which are all individually wrapped) will be served to you at your table by our volunteers – there’s no need to get up
- please wear your face-covering when you’re not eating/drinking
- board games and jigsaws are available (but not for general sharing) – please ask if you’d like to use any of these
- we’ve worked hard to make sure that the cafes are still fun – just different! You’ll find the usual great mix of games, information, support, cakes, company and conversation.
If you want to know more about any aspect of our reopened cafes in Halifax and Sowerby Bridge please call our Cafe Co-ordinator (June) on 01422 706373 or 07920 549131 or email:– email@example.com
Memory Lane Cafe – Sowerby Bridge:
St Paul’s Methodist Church, Tower Hill, Sowerby Bridge HX6 2EQ
The cafe operates on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month between 1.30 and 4 pm