A new £17.7m state-of-the-art facility, delivered by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority in partnership with Calderdale Council is being built on the site of the current bus station. Work will start from 5 September and projected completion is summer 2023. Find out how this will affect your journeys.
The bus station will partially close for this to happen so some services will be picking passengers up from other locations in the town centre. Details of this can be found here wymetro.com/halifaxbusstationworks or by calling Metro on 0113 245 7676 for travel information.
- Services at Halifax Bus Station are set to change from September to enable construction work to start.
- Alongside improved passenger facilities and better access to the town centre, plans for the new bus station include environmentally friendly features, such as measures to enable the introduction of electric bus charging points, bike parking and solar panels, as well as a living roof complete with plants.
- Overall, the scheme will deliver more green space with an extra 40 trees being planted as well as other environmental benefits.
- The bus station is due to partially close to members of the public from Sunday 5 September and passengers are being asked to visit wymetro.com/halifaxbusstationworks or call 0113 245 7676 for travel information.
- Most bus services will run from the town centre during the day with some evening services returning to the station from 7pm. Some services will remain on site during construction.
- Work will continue until summer 2023
What is done to share further information:
- Posters detailing where to catch buses and how to find out more about the project will be displayed at the bus station, on buses, and on key buildings and bus stops
- During the first few weeks of construction, WYCA staff will be on hand at the bus station and on-street to help people and answer questions
- A press release is about to be issued by WYCA
- WYCA are putting adverts in the local papers
- WYCA will be doing social media from @WestYorkshireCA (Twitter) and @TheCombinedAuthority (Facebook) and will be retweeting/sharing some of these on the Council’s social media feeds
- The Bus Station page on the CNC website will be updated with details and links