Let’s Grow team returns to Halifax Borough Market for Festive Fun!
Families can share the joy of laughter, learning and festivities in the magnificent Victorian Halifax Borough Market and surrounding streets this December, as the ‘Let’s Grow’ team return with a Christmas theme.
The Let’s Grow Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Little Christmas Party follows the successful debut of the two-day pop-up allotment event at the market during the October half-term.
On Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 December 2021, Halifax’s stunning market hall will welcome back the charming family of baby fruits and vegetables, their friendly ‘Vegetable Nannies’ and a host of performances, games, crafts, festive tunes, prizes and more.
The free event is brought to the market by Ben Faulks – co-creator of the award-winning TV series, ‘Mr Bloom’s Nursery’ – and his wife, Mimi, in partnership with Calderdale Council. It is funded by the Government’s Welcome Back Fund, supported by the European Regional Development Fund, which aims to help high streets and tourist attractions recover from the pandemic and welcome back shoppers and visitors.
At the October Let’s Grow event, the Council launched a two-year community art project and gave people the chance to share ideas for the borough’s Year of Culture in 2024, to coincide with Calderdale’s 50th anniversary and support the economic recovery.
Here are just some of the fun-packed activities taking place:
- Dance along as the Disco Shed plays funky festive tunes with games, bubbles and cheeky elves a-plenty.
- Snap a selfie with the Living Lamp Posts and Christmas Travellers, Hodman & Sally.
- Get creative with reindeer costume making and arts and crafts.
- Complete the Christmas market treasure trail for a chance to win a family annual pass to Eureka! The National Children’s Museum.
- Make your own reindeer food to take home and sprinkle outside on Christmas Eve.
- Get active with the reindeer hoopla game or relax and draw elf portraits in the Christmas Chill Out Zone.
For more information about ‘Let’s Grow’ and the full programme of activities and performances, please visit www.letsgrow.org.uk and www.visitcalderdale.com/the-lets-grow-ho-ho-ho-merry-little-christmas-party
COVID-safety measures are in place for the event, including face coverings for all performers and stewards and the monitoring and restriction of visitor numbers in the festival spaces.
To find out what else is happening in Calderdale this festive season, head to www.visitcalderdale.com and look out for updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram #visitcalderdale