Coronavirus Vaccination key messages from Calderdale CCG 24 January
Calderdale Clinical Commissioning group would like to encourage everyone eligible for a Covid vaccination to take the opportunity to protect themselves and others from coronavirus.
- It’s never too late to get your first and second dose.
- Your vaccine is waiting for you, book online, call 119.
- You should get a COVID-19 vaccine even if you already had COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine gives most people a high level of protection against COVID-19 even in people who have already been sick with COVID-19.
- If you have had COVID-19 you need to wait before getting the vaccine. 4 weeks for over 18s and 12-17 year olds at high risk of COVID-19, and 12 weeks for 12-17 year olds.
- Recent data shows two doses of the vaccine are not enough to stop people becoming unwell from Omicron but suggests a booster significantly increases protection against the variant.
- The NHS is getting ready to roll out vaccination to those age 5-11 years who are at risk.
- There are lots of appointments and walk-in clinics available to get your vaccine in Calderdale.
- 1st and 2nd doses should be the same vaccine type. In line with JCVI advice Pfizer or Moderna is being given for boosters. If people are unable to have this vaccine type due to a medical reason it may be possible to have AstraZeneca, after discussion with a health professional.
- Calderdale continue to offer enough capacity to offer everyone over 16 years a booster and anyone who wishes to obtain their evergreen dose
- Searches being conducted by primary and secondary care to identify eligible at risk 5-11 year olds.
- Additional sites offering out of school vaccination.
- Continue to develop out of school offer for children and young people.
- Starting in-school vaccinations visits again from 28th Jan.
- Developing a medium to long-term plan for the Calderdale Covid Vaccination programme to ensure we have the most effective and efficient model in place
- Providing more pop-up vaccination clinics, in-particular to focus on tackling vaccine inequalities to improve the convenience of the vaccine being on your doorstep and in conjunction with working with trusted local community members.
- Offer boosters to remaining housebound and care home residents who were unable to get the vaccine at first or second visit.
Key contact and useful links
- Book a vaccine: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine or call 119 for free
- Calderdale walk-in clinics: www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/grabajab
- More information about the vaccine and FAQs: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine
- Questions: email@example.com