Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
This offer is only available to residents of Halifax or Bradford
The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with the knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area, including those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts. The qualification is also suitable for teaching staff, care staff or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
Experience in the workplaceLearners do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
- Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication.
Course Delivery: Online via Microsoft Teams
Learning Lesson One: Tuesday 19th April 2022 – 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Learning Lesson Two: Tuesday 3rd May 2022 – 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Candidates need to be 19 or older as of 31st August 2021
- Unemployed or working 16 hrs or less
- Not in education
- Right to live and work in UK
- You must live in the Halifax or Bradford Area.