On 1 July 2022, NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) will become part of NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (ICB). This will be the last programme update issued by the CCG. These will start again later in the year from the ICB. Key contacts and useful links have been updated at the end of this update.
Latest data for Calderdale, up to 27 June 2022:
- 430,498 Vaccinations administered to date to Calderdale residents of which 119,182 first boosters/ 3rd doses (data source: Vaccinations in Calderdale | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk) )
- Over 15,937 spring boosters have been administered, which is 79% of the eligible cohort.
Key messages to share:
- It’s not too late to get your first, second or booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccination – these remain available to all who are eligible, and you will be welcomed with open arms. Book an appointment or visit a walk-in clinic nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or call 119 for free.
- If you still need a spring booster we strongly encourage you to book an appointment online, call 119 or find a convenient walk-in site. nhs.uk/covid-vaccination
- The spring booster will give you protection against Coronavirus during summer. If you’re having a summer holiday in August, getting your spring booster before the end of June will give time for you to gain maximum protection ahead of your trip.
- Getting a spring booster dose before the end of June will allow enough time before the next seasonal dose to extend protection over winter, and against any possible resurgence in infection levels.
- When the time comes, the NHS will be inviting eligible people for a seasonal dose during autumn/winter. You may also be able to get your flu vaccination in the same visit.
- Children aged 5 to 11 are still eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine and can get their second dose 12 weeks after their first. Find out more and book and appointment nhs.uk/covid-vaccination
- Going abroad? Don’t forget to check your NHS COVID pass. Set up your account at least two weeks before you want to use the digital pass. You can also get the pass in other formats including letter, audio and Braille. These can take seven days to arrive. If you think your COVID pass is incorrect the national Vaccine Data Resolution team can help. Contact them by calling 119. Please note, they can take up to 10 days to resolve issues. nhs.uk/nhscovidpass
- The Spring Campaign started on the 21 March to offer an additional booster dose, to those most at risk. Calderdale have now offered a spring booster to all those eligible over 75 and are ensuring that all those who are 12+ immunosuppressed have received an offer.
- All older people care homes have been visited to offer spring boosters.
- Calderdale continue to offer appointments and walk-in availability to everyone eligible for their booster and anyone who wishes to get their first or second dose.
- The JCVI has issued interim advice on the autumn campaign JCVI provides interim advice on an autumn COVID-19 booster programme – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- The JCVI and the local vaccination programme recognises the uncertainty around any future waves or variants of COVID-19. In Calderdale we are preparing for the Autumn campaign and possible surge vaccination against this uncertainty.
Key contact and useful links