Volunteers wanted to help at the Shopper’s lunch Southgate Christian Centre Elland
Southgate Christian Centre have been hosting their popular Shoppers lunch on the first Friday of each month. In order to continue, they need your help.
If you have some time to spare, they are in need of volunteers to help prepare, serve and clean up after this very well received community event.
This is a very rewarding experience and an opportunity to meet like minded people, making a positive contribution to the lives of others around you.
All orientation will be provided and subsidised lunch included. If you have some time to help others, they would be very grateful.
The Shopper’s lunch starts at 12pm on the first Friday of each month at the Southgate Methodist Church in Elland. For £5.00 you can receive a two course meal and a hot drink.
Please contact Wilma Paton on 07772123058 for information and to register your interest.
Venue: Southgate Methodist Church, Langdale St, Elland HX5 0JL
Southgate Christian Centre Shoppers lunch first Friday of the month at 12pm
Come down at the Southgate Methodist Church and unwind at our Shopper’s lunch on the First Friday of each month at 12pm.
Enjoy a two-course meal and a drink for £5.00 per person. Enjoy a meal and a good chat!
Meal is served at 12 noon at Southgate Christian Centre, Langdale Street Elland HX5 0JL. All areas are accessible for people with disabilities.
For more information or to look at the proposed Shoppers Lunch menu, please visit
http://www.southgatemethodistchurch.org.uk/ and look under events.
You can ring Wilma on 07772123058 to book your tickets or just come on the day.
We look forward to seeing you!
Have a Crime Free Christmas
West Yorkshire Police and Calderdale Council are working together to reduce crime over the Christmas period with 10 tips for crime prevention.
- Light up, lock up and be secure.
- Keep your valuables out of sight.
- Dispose of packaging carefully. Boxes can advertise what is in your home.
- Guard against bogus callers.
- Keep your car safe in a well lit area.
- Keep yourself safe – plan how you will get home after a night out.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Enjoy a drink but don’t go over the top.
- Stay safe on the Internet, especially if your children receive new tablets etc. Tips on staying safe can be found at www.thinkuknow.co.uk.
- Know the Domestic Violence helpline 0800 200 0247.
- ← Previous