- Register to vote in the Local Government Elections 5 May 2022
- NHP and Sure Start Children’s Centres recruiting – May 18
- West Yorkshire Joint Committee of Clinical Commissioning Groups public meeting May 3rd
- easyfundraising Free funding webinar – Tuesday May 3rd
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us on 01422 252 209
Ever wanted to try archery? The opportunity may be just a… stone’s throw away!
Halifax’s own Phoenix Bowmen, based at Halifax Rugby Club are holding an archery taster session on Saturday 14th of May between 11am and 2pm.
Price is £2 for 12 arrows.
The session is open to adults and children over 6 years old.
For any additional requirements, please contact email@example.com
North Halifax Partnership (NHP) Sure Start Children’s Centres are excited to be recruiting for qualified and unqualified early years practitioners to work in our Children’s Centres in Calderdale. We have a variety of roles available.
Our Children’s centres are exciting places to work. All the staff are committed to supporting their local communities to provide high quality learning for children. We provide an excellent working environment where children and staff thrive.
We are currently recruiting staff for the following posts
Early Years Practitioner Plus
This post is for qualified and experienced practitioners with a passion for helping children develop to their full potential. This role will have the responsibility to lead an area in child development, such as speech and language, SEND, safeguarding.
Early Years Practitioner
This post is for newly qualified or unqualified staff, or staff returning to childcare following a break or staff who are looking for a new and meaningful new career in childcare. You will be working with children and their families to support them to develop and have the best start in life.
All our posts have an attractive annual leave package including a period of closure at Christmas, staff voucher incentives and access to an excellent and innovating training programme. There are multiple internal career progression routes within the different children centres.
Current Early Years posts
- Senior Early Years Practitioner – Ash Green Children’s Centre
- Senior Early Years Practitioner – Innovations Children’s Centre
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Innovations Children’s Centre
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – term time only – Innovations
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Elland Children’s Centre
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre
- Early Years Practitioner – Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre
- Early Years Practitioner – Wellholme Children’s Centre
- Projects Administrator – Ovenden Mixenden Initiative
- Community Organiser – Ovenden Mixenden Initiative
- Staying Well Active Worker – Ovenden Mixenden Initiative
- Site Supervisor – Creations Children’s Centre
- Domestic – Elland Children’s Centre
Closing date for these applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 18th May 2022
For an application pack visit our website www.surestartchildrenscentresnhp.org.uk
Or contact Julie in our recruitment team on 01422 251090
North Halifax Partnership LTD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake a DBS Check.
Would you like to:
- Understand the changing strategic landscape at Calderdale and West Yorkshire level?
- Understand more about the changes that are taking place in the Health, Social Care, Environment and Economy worlds?
- See where you organisation is contributing or is filling a gap in your community?
- Feel more in the loop?
- Be part of the initial conversations?
Calderdale Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise Sector (VCSE) Assembly Thursday 5th May 2022 – Elsie Whiteley Centre, Hopwood Lane, Halifax, HX1 5ER 12.45pm networking lunch* prompt 1.30pm start – firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease let us know if would like to attend the lunch ASAP & *If you have any dietary/special requirements or access requirements*.To reserve a place for you or an organisation rep, please email
The West Yorkshire Joint Committee of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will meet in public on Tuesday 3 May, 2022, 11am to 1pm. The Committee, which is part of the West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership (WY HCP), has a shared health programme of work that aims to further improve the health and wellbeing of the 2.4 million people living across the area.
The meeting will be held virtually via digital technology.
The Committee has delegated powers from individual CCGs (Bradford District and Craven; Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, and Wakefield) to make collective decisions around specific work programmes, for example mental health, planned care, urgent care, and cancer.
A key part of their work involves sharing expertise and working closely with local councils, hospitals, care providers and voluntary community and social enterprise organisations – ensuring services are fit for the future.
The meeting on Tuesday the 3 May 2022 will discuss the harmonisation of commissioning policies across West Yorkshire.
Committee meetings held in public are filmed live and offer members of the public an opportunity to ask questions about agenda items. As we are holding the meeting virtually via digital technology, we are taking a different approach to questions.
Members of the public are asked to email their questions to email@example.com before 5pm on Monday 2 May 2022. They can also call 01924 317659 to submit questions.
We will then send members of the public a Microsoft Teams link to enable them to join the meeting for their question-and-answer item.
All questions submitted will be published on the Joint Committee webpage. The agenda and meeting papers can be accessed from Tuesday 26 April 2022 at:
The meeting can also be watched live via the same link.
4 Day Digital Skills course. Upon completion of the course, you will receive an Android Tablet!
This is a remote course where you will study from home, you will receive help and guidance from a tutor.
- Developing digital career skills
- Management of Information
- Digital device safety awareness
- Communication and Productivity
- Digital Security
Learn How To:
- Use essential Digital programs such as Word, Excel & Email
- Use Social media to market yourself and a business
- Find and gain employment online and much, much more!
Start Date: Tuesday 3rd May 2022
End Date: Friday 6th May 2022
Venue: Remote – You will study from home
4 day (Tues-Fri 10am – 4pm)
Referrals made on a Wednesday prior to the course stating this will go on the next available course.
- Candidates need to be 19 or older as of 31st August 2021
- Unemployed or working 16 hrs or less
- Not in education
- Right to live and work in UK
Need to have access to a PC, Laptop or Tablet with a webcam. A smart Phone is not able to support the course content.
Home Instead Calderdale is teaming up with Morrison’s Supermarket in Elland to run a monthly companionship café for older people.
The first meeting is on Tuesday 10 May at 10am in the Morrison’s store cafe.
Our Café is open to older people – whether on their own or with a family member, friend or companion and is ideal for any older person who is looking for more opportunities to get out, enjoy some conversation and meet new people.
Free drinks and biscuits are included.
If interested, come along and join with our activities and conversation. Make new friends and enjoy a cup of coffee in like minded company.
For more information, please ring Home Instead on 01422 292424
Venue: Morrisons Cafe, Morrisons Elland, 4 Jubilee Way, Elland, Halifax HX5 9DT