Children aged 8-14 years old are invited to come along and be creative, make stuff and have fun at the Brighouse Saturday Art Club. We use the fantastic collections at the gallery for inspiration.
Workshops costs £5.00. To book a place please contact Jeffrey on 01422 352334 or email email@example.com
Get along to Bankfield Museum and join in our craft activities for under-fives. In this relaxed, friendly environment children can play, enjoy a story and learn more about the fascinating objects on display.
Meet in Akroyd Library in the Museum.
Free parking and ramped push chair access at the back of the Museum. Sessions run from 10.30am-11.15am. £2.00 per child. Booking is not required, please pay on the day. Hot and cold drinks available to buy from reception.
(If you have any particular questions please contact Fiona Willats on 01422 352334).
Session dates for 2017:
23, 30 June
7, 14, 21 July
15, 22, 29 September
6, 13, 20, 27 October
10, 17, 24 November
1, 8, 15 December
Eureka’s Super Sunday and Holiday Clubs are for disabled children and the whole family. They’re run by trained Enablers, are lots of fun and a great way to meet other families. Our clubs are possible thanks to the generous support of the Morrisons Foundation.
Clubs are completely free of charge, plus all families that attend receive a free Eureka! annual pass. What’s not to love, right?
Here are the dates for the rest of the year:
•Tuesday 25 July: Autism holiday club (only a few places left!)
•Tuesday 1 August: Mixed holiday club
•Tuesday 8 August: Mixed holiday club
•Tuesday 15 August: Mixed holiday club
•Tuesday 22 August: Mixed holiday club
•Wednesday 30 August: Mixed holiday club
•Sunday 10 September: Impaired mobility
•Sunday 15 October: Hearing Impaired
•Sunday 12 November: Down syndrome
•Sunday 3 December: Autism Early Years
Our clubs do fill up so call asap to book your place: 01422 330069.
If you are hearing impaired, you can book your place by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas and New Year Waste and Recycling Collection Dates. Collections will be a day later than usual due to bank holidays:
- Usual collection day Changed collection day
- Monday 26th December 2016 Tuesday 27th December 2016
- Tuesday 27th December 2016 Wednesday 28th December 2016
- Wednesday 28th December 2016 Thursday 29th December 2016
- Thursday 29th December 2016 Friday 30th December 2016
- Friday 30th December 2016 Saturday 31st December 2016
- Monday 2nd January 2017 Tuesday 3rd January 2017
- Tuesday 3rd January 2017 Wednesday 4th January 2017
- Wednesday 4th January 2017 Thursday 5th January 2017
- Thursday 5th January 2017 Friday 6th January 2017
- Friday 6th January 2017 Saturday 7th January 2017
All collections should be back to your usual collection day by Monday 9 January 2017.
Please recycle all that you can, every week.
Household Waste Recycling Centres will be open throughout, operating Sunday opening hours on bank holidays.
- Carols by Candlelight at Blackley Baptist Church – FREE Event!
- Focus 4 Hope Christmas Party in Brighouse this weekend!
- Marsh Ladies Choir Christmas Concert!
The Friday Flyer pixies will be helping Santa for the next couple of weeks and will return on Friday 6 January 2017!
Merry Christmas and see you all again in 2017
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing email@example.com
Help put your local market on the map by voting for it as Britain’s favourite market by the voting deadline on Tuesday 10 January 2017
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Online voting will only be recorded via the Britain’s Favourite Market tab on the NABMA website at http://www.nabma.com
- There is no restriction on voting but the judges will monitor voting and they have discretion to deal with any situation where they feel the voting system is being abused.
- No information will be provided on the individual number of votes given in respect of a particular Market.
- No votes cast after the closing date will be counted.
- The judges decision on the result is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result
To add your market and vote visit www.nabma.com/britainsfavouritemarket/
Meet Cinderella and Buttons in this magical costumed workshop. Help Cinderella with her chores and discover old toys before you create your own magic wand and cast a spell to send Cinderella to the ball.
Saturday 17 December – 11.15am to 1pm
At Shibden Hall, Lister’s Road, Halifax, HX3 6XG
The cost is £3.50 for adults and £7 for children – Click here to book online
Only 14 tickets left!
‘Screen Your Story’ is a wonderful opportunity for all young storytellers to get their book published and even have it made into a film!
This years theme is horror but it doesn’t need to be blood and gore – probably better not.
Write one of the best stories and your prize will be to see it published in a superb, fully illustrated collection ‘Stories From the Young’. You will also get the chance to work with professional film makers to make your story into a film and see your film shown at the Barnes Film Festival in September 2017.
There are 7 groups for entries:
- Up to and including Reception
- Years 1 and 2
- Years 3 and 4
- Years 5 and 6
- Years 7 and 8
- Year 9 and over
- Red Letter entries for students with special educational needs
Competition ends Tuesday 28 February 2016
With Christmas just around the corner Santa Paws will be at Kershaws Garden Centre waiting to meet and greet your four legged friends with a gift!
Monday 19 December – 11am to 12pm
At Kershaw’s Garden Centre, Halifax Rd, Brighouse, HD6 2QD
All breeds, pups, seniors and sizes are welcome and as this is the season for giving, Kershaws are teaming up with the RSPCA Halifax, Huddersfield and District Branch to see if customers will help animals less fortunate than their own and make a donation to give them a better life in 2017.