This year, there will be a coffee morning at Better Lives @ No 42 Market Street, Halifax (opposite Tesco supermarket) on Friday 28 September, 10:00am onwards
The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday 28 September is Macmillan’s biggest fundraising event for people facing cancer.
People all over the UK are asked to host their own Coffee Mornings and donations on the day are made to Macmillan.
For further information call 01422 393276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Overgate Hospice Midnight Walk
- Free Arts and Crafts Activities at Central Library
- Vintage Fair at Square Chapel
- RSPCA K9 Party in the Park
- New Staying Well Newsletter
- Advertise Your Macmillan Coffee Morning
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing email@example.com
It may be that one of your friends or colleagues may have forgotten to re-subscribe and is missing their Friday Flyer but no need to worry. They can easily see the Flyer on this blog or subscribe to our mailing list again by clicking to stay in touch
North Halifax Partnership Ltd is registered as a ‘data controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act. You can find out more about the Data Protection Act, and your legal rights at https://ico.org.uk
North Halifax Partnership Ltd will only use your personal information for the purpose which we have stated when we collect that information, and we will not collect unnecessary information about you, or keep your information for longer than it is needed. We will ensure your personal data is held securely and is not seen by anyone who should not see it.
Please click here to read our Privacy Notice on our website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via email, or by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Breaking Tradition, the UK’s leading folk and hip hop dance company, comes together with award-winning folk powerhouse ‘The Demon Barbers’ to invite families, gamers and live music & dance lovers of all ages on an unforgettable adventure on Friday 21 September, 7:00pm at the Victoria Theatre.
When Kai’s sister disappears it’s down to him to find her, but should he be looking in the real world? Or somewhere else…
QUEST ventures inside an extraordinary computer game world fusing morris, clog and sword dance with popping, locking, breaking and martial arts to the beat of new songs and traditional melodies with an electronic edge to create a rousing family show.
‘Quest is a radically eclectic show that sustains fast action with great choreography as well as being totally immersive…a totally fabulous evening’s entertainment for both young and old’.
Tickets start at £15.75 and can be purchased through the box office on 01422 351158 or online at https://www.victoriatheatre.co.uk/
To find out what else is happening at the Victoria Theatre, download the latest brochure.
Important note: Complete our online self-referral form, if you have already claimed Universal Credit and you need help using the account or with budgeting.
An advisor will contact you to arrange an appointment.
The Council can offer support with;
- How to use your Universal Credit account, which will help your claim to run successfully
- to set up an email address
- by showing you the council’s website and other helpful sites
- by referring you for further help through organised IT courses
- how to open a bank account
- how to reduce your energy costs
- advice on Council Tax, Council Tax Reduction, Housing and any rent arrears that you may have
On Friday 7 September, 8:15pm at Square Chapel Arts Centre you can find a little more about Stevie.
In the middle of the wide-eyed stagger from girlhood to womanhood, Stevie is sent to live in the middle of nowhere with her Grandma. Suffolk – the home of doggers, folklore, sea cabbages and Stan. Stan is peak geek, not that he knows.
But there are secrets in the marshland, songs that will show Stevie the way.
Interwoven with beautiful live folk music from award-winning band TRILLS, Songlines is a coming of age love story in all its awkward teen glory.
A brand new play from Suffolk writer Tallulah Brown, directed by George Chilcott.
Get tickets now from the Square Chapel website.
The Project increases awareness of challenges LGBTQ young people may face, such as bullying and discrimination in schools, organisations, groups and communities across the authority. Positive Identities would like to explore the duty of care professionals have towards LGBTQ young people to increase levels of understanding, and make services accessible in a sustainable way by:
- Working with young people in the community and in primary schools.
- Supporting services and organisations to understand the importance of ensuring accessibility.
- Training community members and multi-agency professionals.
- Improve the quality of service.
Barnardo’s Positive Identities aims to create a CALDERDALE LGBTQ PARTNERSHIP GROUP, making Calderdale the best borough in the North for LGBTQ young people, their families and communities.
This is to:
- Look at the work Barnardo’s and partners have done
in Calderdale to support LGBTQ communities
- Look at the LGBTQ Action Plan released by the
Government Equalities Office in July 2018
- Invite Clinical Commissioning Group EDI Lead, Kate
Bell, to discuss the EDI equality objectives
- Discuss our vision to make Calderdale the best borough in the North for LGBTQ young people, their families and communities.
You should attend to:
- Take part in creating and shaping together the
Calderdale LGBTQ Partnership Group
- Network with other organisations and share learning
- Improve accessibility of services for young people
who identify as LGBTQ by accessing free training
- Plan co-delivery of diversity days in your local area
- Share the commitment to making Calderdale the
best borough in the North for LGBTQ young people,
their families and communities.
Please book your space on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lgbtq-partnership-grouplaunch-tickets-47819777241
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Refreshments will be provided.