Hipperholme & Lightcliffe
- Citizens Advice Energy Roadshow – to help vulnerable individuals
- Exploring Isolation and loneliness – Free Workshop January 21
- Various new Activities at The Space @ Field Lane!
- Local RSPCA pet photography competition now open for entries!
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing email@example.com
Before we sign off for the holidays and a few mince pies we’d like to thank everyone for their support over the last year. That includes staff and volunteers; partner agencies, schools and local community organisations; and supporters and service users.
Sure Start Children’s Centres in the Lower Valley will close on Tuesday 24th December 2019 and will reopen on Thursday 2nd January 2020.
Our Staying Well team will be back in work from Monday 6th January.
Lower Valley Friday Flyer will resume on Friday 10 January.
We’ll see you again in 2020 but in the meantime here’s a snapshot from our latest annual report….
Find out more here…
Many of these opportunities have become available due to staff progression internally within the organisation:
- Senior Early Years Practitioner x 3
- Early Years Practitioner Plus x 2
- Early Years Practitioner
- Receptionist/Administration Assistant
- Advanced Administrator
- Projects Administrator – North Halifax Partnership Ltd
The posts are Temporary until the 31st July 2020.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 10th January 2020
For more information about the individual vacancies and how to apply, please visit our website at:
As we will be away over the Christmas period, the last day for article submissions before we close is Friday December 20th at 12am.
We shall resume as usual from Monday 6th of January 2020.
On behalf of everyone working on the Friday Flyer, we would like to thank you for your continued support. This flyer wouldn’t be possible without you.
We wish you a fun festive season and look forward to seeing you in the New Year!
Recycling and waste collections for Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays will be on different days over Christmas and New Year.
Find out what’s on in Children’s Centres across Lower Valley in the new year with the Sure Start newsletter.
Why not come along for a morning of discussion, quizzes and games at a new men’s group at St Matthews Church, Lightcliffe
Starting Tuesday 1st October 2019 – 10am to 12noon
Then every Tuesday 10.00 – 12.00
Just £2 per week which includes tea and biscuits
For further information please contact Richard on 01422 393704
IS YOUR CHILD IN YEAR 1, 2 or 3? If they’d like to give rugby a go… now is the perfect time to join us #newseason
Our junior rugby actually starts with our Brods Tots sessions for 3 to 5 year olds before the Age Grade Rugby begins with our Under 6s, all for boys and girls, all on Sunday mornings.
We have a team for every year group from Under 6s, Under 7s…. through to our Under 19s and ensure every player, at all levels, is able to enjoy rugby in a safe environment where they can develop their personal and social skills as well as a wide array of transferable multi-sports skills.
Rugby for our Year 1, 2 and 3 players focusses on development through fun, active, non-contact sessions and we’re about to get underway for another season!
👉 Drop us a message on Facebook to find out more or to bring your youngster to a free taster session!
About our club
- The Brods is based here in Hipperholme, has been part of the community for almost 90 years and is an RFU Accredited Club.
- All our coaches are DBS checked and have access to numerous coaching courses and resources. Parents frequently enrol to take an active role in their child’s rugby and we always support this.
- In terms of player numbers were actually one of Yorkshire’s biggest rugby union clubs and are proud of our family-friendly reputation.
- Brods juniors have gone on to play district, county and national representative rugby and we’re proud of everyone of them!
If Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship are all values that are important to you then join the club! You’ll have a warm welcome guaranteed