Living Streets has created the greatest national Walk to School celebration where pupils and grown-ups around the UK unite for one week of walking to school.
Each year a new five-day walking challenge is developed aimed at primary schools – the perfect activity to take part in during Walk to School Week.
This year, to celebrate the 90th anniversary of Living Streets, the challenge will get to the heart of walking and how it can benefit the whole community as well as improve individual wellbeing.
This Year’s Theme and Activity
Living Streets will take pupils on a special walking journey re-tracing the steps of their greatest achievements over the course of the last 90 years.
The classrooms packs and activities are built to make the pupils feel empowered to change their walking environment for the better: they’ll experience first hand the importance of walking to school.
Through the fun wall charts and stickers, children will work collaboratively to transform an unwelcoming and cluttered walking environment into the most walkable street imaginable.
For more information go to
XS provides a wide range of exciting activities to help children stay healthy. Try out some new sporting activities, play and help improve their skills. Each day offers a variety of the activities as shown below.
- Registration from 8:00am-9:00am
- Activities from 9.30am-5:00pm
- Pick up between 5.00pm-6.00pm (or earlier if arranged)
Over the school holidays the sessions will run from Tuesday 28 May – Friday 31 May (4 day week)
Costs: £22.50 a day & £77.50 for a 4 day week
(Passport to Leisure £17.25 a day & £59.20 a week).
Numbers are limited, so in order to secure a place, booking is essential. To book a place, complete the XS booking form (one for each child) and take it to one of our leisure facilities. A member of staff will be happy to help you. You will need to pay at time of booking.
- Roller Blading / Inline Skating – Discover a new lifestyle, transfer your skills to skate parks.
- Karate – Self-defence training by a 3rd Dan qualified instructor, no sparring done.
- Sports Mix – A mixture of the activities above and more traditional sport.
- Fun Swim – Bring swimming kit on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Also appropriate clothing to walk to and from Halifax Pool.
- Rugby – Fun rugby skills for all abilities