Join Elland Children’s Centre on Thursday 2 August, 11:00am-1:00pm for a Teddy Bears Picnic at Holywell Green Children’s Centre.
Suitable for children 8 years or under, a picnic lunch is provided and there is no need to book your place just turn up on the day.
Don’t forget your teddy!!
Bored? Need a new challenge? Meet new people – Gain work experience – Increase your confidence.
At Creations Community Children’s Centre, Albert Road, Pellon on Tuesday 4 September, 11:30am-1:30pm.
This session will provides you with all the information you need about becoming a
volunteer with North Halifax Partnership Sure Start Children’s Centres.
Refreshments (tea and coffee) will be provided.
To book, please ask at you local Children’s Centre or call on 01422 251090.
Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership want to work with parents and our partners to ensure that all children in North & East Halifax and the Lower Valley achieve their full potential. To help us achieve this vision we need to be listening to the views of parents/carers who use our services.
What’s in it for you?
- Your opinions and advice will be valued and listened to at the meetings
- An opportunity for you to help develop local services for local families
- Knowledge that you have helped make a difference to other families
- We can offer you free childcare while you attend the meeting if you need it and refreshments
- £10 voucher for attendance at every meeting
What would be expected of you as an Advisory Board member
- You will receive support and a handbook to help you fulfil your role as a parent representative
- You will be able to give your views and be listened to
- You will be involved in helping Children’s Centres to plan and develop services
- Attendance at a meeting twice yearly
For more information contact Diane Coenen on 01422 251090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby massage for dads is a 4 week course designed to teach parents all the skills of baby massage, how it may aid relaxation, sleep and assist with the symptoms of colic. Learners will be provided with everything apart from you will need to bring a towel each week.
Being hosted by Holywell Green Children’s Centre, Stainland Road from Saturday 5 May- Saturday 26 May, 10:00am—11:00am.
Suitable for babies aged 6 weeks to crawling.
Book a place by calling 01422 266197 or book online.
Starting on Thursday 3 May, 12:30pm—2:30pm at Field Lane Children’s Centre, Rastrick – this is a 4 week adult learning course around toddler behaviour and the science of toddler behaviour including tantrums, clingy behaviour, picky eating and sleep problems.
Learn how the brain develops and how to cope and have happier toddlers and parents.
To book a place call 01422 266197 or book online.
Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership covers the areas of Illingworth, Mixenden, Ovenden, Northowram & Shelf and parts of Pellon. Holywell Green, Elland, Rastrick and Brighouse. There are 10 Children’s Centres and a Core Services team based within these areas.
They are committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow; this includes embedding British Values into the curriculum and actively promoting these in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The following services are on offer:-
- Good quality learning combined with full day care provision for children 0-5
- Child and Family Health Services, including Antenatal Services
- Parental Outreach
- Family Support Services
- Support for Childminders
- Support for Children and Parents with Special Needs
- Effective links with Job Centre Plus to support parents and carers who wish to consider Training and Employment
- Drop in sessions and other activities for children and carers at all centres
- Termly Programme of Activities for Parents/Families
- Activities for Families during School Holidays
- Volunteering Opportunities
For more information on the services on offer visit the website at http://surestartchildrenscentresnhp.org.uk/.
Alternatively contact the core services team on 01422 251090.
The Vision is to work with parents and partners to ensure that all children across the area have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children.
To keep people updated with what they are doing more in real time, Sure Start Children’s Centres not only have the main Facebook page, there are now Facebook pages for each of the individual Children’s Centres which are used to promote the services on offer as well as showing you what’s been going on in daycare.
Why not help to reach a wide audience by visiting and Liking Centre pages as listed below;
– Ash Green Children’s Centre
– Creations Community Children’s Centre
– Elland Children’s Centre
– Innovations Children’s Centre
– Illingworth Community Children’s Centre
– Field Lane Children’s Centre
– Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre
– Wellholme Children’s Centre
Sure Start Children’s Centres, North Halifax Partnership have published the summer newsletter which includes information about the family learning courses that are taking place April – June 2018, along with the accredited courses on offer. It also includes their What’s On Guides, which shows the weekly groups on offer across the Children’s Centres and services provided by partner agencies. The newsletter can be downloaded here.
This has also been uploaded to the website, along with a booking form. To book onto the courses you can either complete the booking form electronically on the website or contact the Family Learning Team on 01422 266197.
Please note when you visit the website, there is still the Spring 2018 newsletter and booking form available, as there is a course running into April. To access the newsletters and booking forms you can click directly on this link.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to either contact the Family Learning Team directly on 01422 266197 or alternatively Core Services on 01422 251090.
On Monday 26 February, 12:30pm-2:00pm, Elland Children’s Centre, Boxhall Road HX5 0BB will be hosting a course on Money Management given by WYCAS (West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service).
This FREE 4-week course is for people aged 19+ who want to understand ways to manage money and stay on top of bills.
You will learn:
- What is a budget and why budget
- Calendar of spending
- Raising Credit
- Calculating a budget
- What to do if in debt & prioritising debt
- Considering energy bills
- Prioritising expenditure\increasing income
- Budgeting for shopping & celebrations
Contact Jane Granville at WYCAS for more information on 0113 2706291, or email email@example.com
It is a fun environment where families can engage together in varied activities for just £1.50 per family.
This is a drop-in session and therefore no booking is required.
First Saturday in every month (second Saturday if the first falls on a Bank Holiday weekend except for April and August – no session)
For more information contact Wellholme Park Children’s Centre on: 01484 714768
Saturday Splat will be held on the following dates:
- 6 January
- 3 February
- 3 March
- No Saturday Splat on 7 April – closed for Easter Break
- 12 May
- 2 June
- 7 July
- No Saturday Splat on 4 August – closed for summer break
- 1 September
- 6 October
- 3 November
Just a reminder to book a place for the FREE Family Swim at Brighouse Swimming Pool.
NHP Sure Start Children’s Centres in the Lower Valley welcome you to a New Year’s Family Fun and Fitness afternoon – for FREE!
At Brighouse Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre on Sunday 4 February 2018, 2pm – 5pm.
This offer is open to Sure Start registered families.
Contact us on 01484 714768 to register, or if you are not sure whether you are registered.
The fun includes:
- Buggy walk at 2pm
- Family swim in the main pool, 3pm – 4pm
- Aqua babies session in Teaching pool, 4pm – 4.30pm
- Aqua Tots session in teaching pool, 4.30pm – 5pm
- Family Zumba! with Calderdale’s Better Living Team at 2pm and 2.30pm.
- Baby massage, 3pm
- Bongo Babies, 3.30pm
- Mini Me activity time, 4pm
- Crafts, refreshments and access to information about Children’s Centre services throughout the afternoon.
Completed forms can be returned to the reception team at Wellhome Park Children’s Centre, Bradford Road, Brighouse, HD6 4AF. Or you can ring through your preferences on 01484 714768.
Return your form quickly as we expect these sessions to be popular and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Last date for bookings: 26th January 2018
** Important information** Activities are not suitable for children over 11 years old. Please note that all children must be supervised by an adult. In the pool sessions, a supervising adult must be in the water with children, and there must be 1 adult for every 2 children that you bring.