Lots of people already receive many of their bills electronically, water, gas, electric…so why not your Council tax? If you or anyone you know have not yet registered, sign up today!
All you need is the council tax reference number from your previous bill and it takes less than a minute.
Age UK are looking for volunteer support for at least half a day per week to assist older people with their health and care needs and help them complete the Attendance Allowance claim form.
Age UK provide training and ongoing support for this role so if this is something you would like to do please read on…
- Interview older people and their carers/ family about their health and care needs.
- Complete the Attendance Allowance claim form for clients where appropriate
- Keep the client informed of the ‘next steps’ once the form is complete.
- Signpost older people to other services that may help them, whether other Age UKCK departments or external providers where appropriate
- Update a record of your visit on our electronic database, and liaise with Age UKCK staff in the office.
- Arrange visits to clients in their own homes keeping office staff informed and aware of your visits.
- Attend training and support sessions and provide at least one form filing session per week (approximately 2-3 hours).
Person requirements: – Any potential volunteer would need to be able to demonstrate:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, and the ability to update information onto a computerised system
- The ability to explain things clearly and simply in an appropriate manner
- The ability to write clear and accurate notes and records
- Open minded, non-judgemental approach to everyone, with patience, empathy and understanding
For volunteers visiting an older person at home you will need your own transport (your mileage will be paid), and you must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to make a difference within your community and feel that you are the right person for this role, please phone 01422 252040 and ask for Alison, or e mail email@example.com.
Meet at Park Wood Crematorium, Elland for a stroll looking for bats in the local area as they prepare themselves for hibernation.
Wednesday 16 September at 7.30pm
- Easy walk on level paths
- Particularly suitable for families (strictly no unaccompanied children)
- Sorry no dogs with the exception of guide or hearing dogs
- Walk – please wear appropriate footwear and clothing.
Insect repellent, warm clothing and a torch recommended and parking available in the crematorium grounds.
Contact Robin Dalton 07712 867619 for further information.
Last year over 4,000 people attended the Halloween Walk at Shibden Park.
Volunteers are required to help out this year and as museum staff you will be in the area around Shibden Hall within a safe environment and a fence separating you from the public – Costumes are limited but face paints will be provided.
Note – This is purely a voluntary event as all proceeds raised will go Overgate Hospice.
If you are interested in taking part or would like further information email Chris.Southwell@calderdale.gov.uk
Thinking about running a community club?
Following Sports England grant funding The Greetland Academy’s sports fields have undergone extensive works to re-level the school sports field creating two full size newly sown sports pitches.
The pitches are now available evenings and weekends for community use and the academy is keen to support local interest and encourage wider participation in sport and activities for all ages.
For further information please contact Jayne Firth, School Business Manager at The Greetland Academy, School Street, Greetland, Halifax, HX4 8JB by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 372893
St. Matthew’s, Lightcliffe will once again play host to a feast of top class music when Royal Northern College of Music graduates, Juliet Montgomery and Aiden Edwards, return to sing some of the best-loved numbers from our favourite musicals.
On Saturday 17 October – From 7.30pm
They will be supported by The Northowram Singers, and accompanied by a superb musical ensemble, led by musical director Rob Paxman.
Tickets cost £7 in advance, £8 on the door, and are available from Colin’s News, Hipperholme and the Lightcliffe Tea Rooms, Lightcliffe or by emailing email@example.com.
All proceeds go to The Friends of St. Matthew’s Churchyard.
Join Chris Helme at various Calderdale Libraries as he takes you on his journey from what in 1985 seemed a good but on the other hand daft idea that he could put a book together.
- Wednesday 16 September – From 1.30pm to 3pm
Elland Library – Tel 01422 374472
- Friday 18 September – From 11am to 12.30pm
Stainland Library – Tel 01422 374896
- Tuesday 3rd November – From 1.30pm to 3pm
Bailiff Bridge Library – Tel 01484 719164
Now eight books later culminating with his latest ‘All in a Day’s Work’ which is based on 30 years in the police service the publication story is brought right up to date.
Please leave your contact details at individual libraries to reserve your place.
Calderdale Countryside and Woodlands Service are conducting a visitor survey on Norland Moor over the summer and autumn to find out what people do on Norland Moor, how often they visit and what (if any) things they would like to alter about the way the moor is managed.
The information gathered will be used to help decide how best to manage the moor in the future. The survey is the first stage, followed by a series of focus groups to zoom in on issues faced by different user groups.
After all this has been completed, a management plan will be produced for the moor taking to account people’s views before the final document goes out to consultation during spring/summer 2016.
Dogs and their owners are invited to join in for the ultimate sponsored dog walk. Treat your pet to more trees, more fun and more reasons to slobber.
Sunday 27 September 2015 – From 11am to 3pm
North Dean Woods, Stainland Road, Greetland, HX4 8AN
There are two routes available for this event, a 3km and a 5km and you can register your dog online at a cost of just £10 for one dog and then £5 for any additional pooches.
For further information or to book a place on the walk, please click here.
- Have your say on how the Council spends its budget!
- This weekend! The Sound of Music at Rex Cinema
- Bank Holiday Monday! Macmillan Family Fun Day
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org