Is your organisation looking for funding for an event or equipment?
Monday 3 August is the next deadline for the Council’s Community Small Grants Scheme and Community Festivals and Events Fund.
Calderdale-based voluntary, community or faith groups can apply for up to £3,000 from the Small Grants Scheme, and up to £5,000 from the Festivals & Events Fund.
You will need to provide copies of your most recent annual accounts and an eligible constitution; if you work with children or vulnerable adults you will also need to provide a copy of your safeguarding policy.
In the past the schemes have supported youth groups, sports clubs, and community centres, as well as major festivals and events throughout the Borough.
For further information and application packs visit the Council’s grants webpage.
Calderdale Council is holding a Community Action Day in Whinney Hill on Thursday 30 July 2015.
The day will begin at 10am. Residents will be invited to carry out a community clean-up and bring out any household rubbish and bulky unwanted items for a one off pick up and removal FREE skips will be available for you – perfect excuse to have a good sort out!
In the afternoon there will be a number of activities available at the community centre for everyone to enjoy including:
Face painting, Sure Start Arts and Crafts, Community Garden Makers, Mobile Internet Bus, Recycling Team, Sick Of Being Skint , Employment Advisor, Working Wonders, Maltings College, Tombola, a chance to speak with the local PCSO’s, and Fire Service display.
Calderdale Council’s Home Improvement Service and Energy Action Team have received a small grant from Foundations for 2015/16 which will be used to help make homes more energy efficient and or easier to keep warm.
Warm at Home Scheme
The funding can be used towards measures such as:-
- Draught proofing to doors/windows/ceilings/floors/flues where unwanted cold air is an issue
- Work to enable insulation work to lofts and walls
- Repair to a boiler or if not part cost to a replacement
- Improvements to the controls of a central heating system i.e. fitting thermostatic radiator valves (TRV’s)
- Improvements to the performance of the heating system (bleeding radiators, fixing leaks)
- A contribution towards main gas connection
Foundations Independent Living Trust (FILT)
Foundations Independent Living Trust (FILT) helps older and vulnerable people live with dignity in their own homes. They do this by operating funds which enable local home improvement agencies (HIAs) to carry out repairs and improvements to people’s homes. Other funding available through Foundations:-
- Providing small scale safety work in people’s homes with funding from the Electrical Safety Council
- Ongoing partnership with npower Health Through Warmth, providing hardship funds for much-needed heating and insulation measures
- Work with Gas Safe Charity to deliver work to keep people’s gas appliances safe.
If you want further information about any of the above schemes or think you may qualify then please call 01422 392479 – 01422 392471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.