Do you want to compete against other skateboarders to become King (or Queen) of the Box? For one afternoon Orange Box’s rooftop Skate Park will be turned into a competition arena for skateboarders competing to take the crown.
Saturday 25 March – 1pm to 5.30pm
At Orange Box Young People’s Centre, 1 Blackledge, Halifax HX1 1AF
Knockout rounds will start at 2pm so if you are entering please turn up at 1pm to register, collect your wristband and have a skate before the competition starts.
Help put your local market on the map by voting for it as Britain’s favourite market by the voting deadline on Tuesday 10 January 2017
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Online voting will only be recorded via the Britain’s Favourite Market tab on the NABMA website at http://www.nabma.com
- There is no restriction on voting but the judges will monitor voting and they have discretion to deal with any situation where they feel the voting system is being abused.
- No information will be provided on the individual number of votes given in respect of a particular Market.
- No votes cast after the closing date will be counted.
- The judges decision on the result is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result
To add your market and vote visit www.nabma.com/britainsfavouritemarket/
‘Screen Your Story’ is a wonderful opportunity for all young storytellers to get their book published and even have it made into a film!
This years theme is horror but it doesn’t need to be blood and gore – probably better not.
Write one of the best stories and your prize will be to see it published in a superb, fully illustrated collection ‘Stories From the Young’. You will also get the chance to work with professional film makers to make your story into a film and see your film shown at the Barnes Film Festival in September 2017.
There are 7 groups for entries:
- Up to and including Reception
- Years 1 and 2
- Years 3 and 4
- Years 5 and 6
- Years 7 and 8
- Year 9 and over
- Red Letter entries for students with special educational needs
Competition ends Tuesday 28 February 2016
It’s time for the RSPCA annual photo competition once again and as usual they are looking for wonderful snaps of your pets or animals in a choice of 18 different categories!
Rosettes will be awarded for 1st to 3rd plus highly commended in each class. Winners of each class will be judged to find the overall winner and will be awarded a championship rosette and special prize.
Entries should be no bigger than 7″ by 5″, taken by an amateur photographer.
Please put the class number, pet’s name (if appropriate), your name, address and tel. number on the back of each photograph.
Entry fee is just £1 and the winning photographs will be displayed at the RSPCA Halloween Fair, to be held at the Maurice Jagger Centre, Winding Road, Halifax on Saturday 29 October 2016.
Download the form here to enter, which includes the postal and all entry information.
Kershaws Garden Centre are proud to announce the 3rd Annual school choir competition, with all Choirs singing after school (about 3.30pm) on the following dates:
- Monday 23 November – Longroyde Junior School
- Tuesday 24 November – St Andrew’s Infants
- Monday 30 November – St Joseph’s Primary
- Tuesday 1 December – St Andrew’s Juniors
Entries are still welcome by contacting Mark Yates / Liz Kenny on 01484 713435 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org