We are extremely pleased to announce that Wellholme Park Children’s nursery has received another ‘Outstanding’ outcome on a recent unannounced Ofsted inspection.
Here are some of the highlights from the report:
- There is a superior awareness of safeguarding issues and staff’s collaborative working with other key agencies is exemplary.
- Staff have high expectations for all children. Their firm belief that all children are competent learner’s leads to exceptional commitment to inclusion.
- Staff model excellent social skills, which has a positive impact on children’s behaviour and friendships.
- The nursery has an exceptional commitment to improving children’s health and wellbeing
- Children show high levels of motivation, curiosity and creativity and their leaning is enhanced because of staff’s high quality interaction.
Some of the verbal feedback from the inspector on the day:
“Everything is underpinned by the continual drive for improvement and self-improvement is key, all staff are involved, everyone had the same passion and drive and all are singing from the same hymn sheet, action plans in place, it’s exceptional.
Staff having lead roles drives improvement and has a massive impact. Staff are well trained for these roles and support staff well. The staff team is well supported.
Children are happy, social skills and independence is promoted, children in pre-school are well ready for the next step”.
We are really pleased with this feedback and tremendously proud of our staff team and the children that attend Wellholme nursery and will be celebrating with a party!
All parents of a child born between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012 will need to apply online for a primary school place for September 2016.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 January 2016
The Grow Your Own Potatoes scheme is a hands-on classroom experience and with almost 2 million primary school children benefiting from this classroom experience that is linked to the UK curricular, children learn how potatoes grow and how they fit in to a healthy balanced diet.
All you have to do is register your school to receive a FREE potato growing kit, use the supporting lesson plans and worksheets and for a chance to win fabulous prizes for your school, enter the competition once you have harvested.
If you have a child who is due to start school in September 2016 then go along to one of two Open Evening sessions at The Greetland Academy for Prospective Pupils.
Thursday 19 November – 10am and 4pm
The Greetland Academy, School Street, Greetland, HX4 8JB
Please contact the school to book your place on your preferred session by calling 01422 372893 and if you have friends or family with children who may wish to attend ask them to get in touch too!
Elland Children’s Centre believe that early childhood is the foundation for a child’s journey through life.
They have availability for children aged 0-5 years which include 15hrs FREE education places for 2 year olds (subject to eligibility), 3 years olds and 4 year olds.
If you are considering Elland Children’s Centre nursery to care for your child, then please call in to have a look around and meet the staff at Elland Children’s Centre, Boxhall Road, Elland, HX5 0BB
**Limited term time only places** For further information call Louise Thomas on 01422 266197 or email Louise.email@example.com
Calderdale College is hosting an interactive ‘Have a Go’ open evening on Tuesday 20 October from 4.30pm to 7.00pm at its main campus on Francis Street in Halifax, for all students considering vocational courses, higher education courses and apprenticeships.
At the Open Evening, you’ll be able to:
- ‘Have a Go’ at your chosen courses and interests
- Speak to Student Champions and Apprentices to find out what college life is really like
- Advice & Guidance will be on hand to advise you on your future career path
- Speak to tutors and students about your chosen courses
- Student Finance will be available to discuss the funding available
- Explore our £14 million campus and its facilities
For more information please call 01422 357357 or visit www.calderdale.ac.uk