Email West Yorkshire Police to inform us of your attendance at email@example.com
The recruitment window is open from Friday 31st May until Monday 24th June 2019.
National Standard Recruitment Process
West Yorkshire Police recruits Special Constables to a national standard using the National Specials Recruitment Assessment Process. The process requires candidates to be measured against specific core competencies relating to the role of a Special Constable.
What are these competencies?
The competencies are identified from the College of Policing’s Policing Professional Framework which lists the competencies for each role in the police service. Those specific to the Special Constabulary include;
- Serving the public
- Openness to change
- Service delivery
- Working with others
- Decision making
Along with demonstrations by police and other emergency services there will be dance displays, family entertainment, children’s rides and much more.
Please note there is no on-site parking so you are advised to travel by public transport.
West Yorkshire Police and Calderdale Council are working together to reduce crime over the Christmas period with 10 tips for crime prevention.
- Light up, lock up and be secure.
- Keep your valuables out of sight.
- Dispose of packaging carefully. Boxes can advertise what is in your home.
- Guard against bogus callers.
- Keep your car safe in a well lit area.
- Keep yourself safe – plan how you will get home after a night out.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Enjoy a drink but don’t go over the top.
- Stay safe on the Internet, especially if your children receive new tablets etc. Tips on staying safe can be found at www.thinkuknow.co.uk.
- Know the Domestic Violence helpline 0800 200 0247.
Enjoy demonstrations, tours, food, rides, childrens entertainment, dance displays and much more at the 2016 Halifax Police Station Open Day.
Saturday 6 August 2016 – 10.30am to 3pm
At Halifax Police Station, Richmond Close, Halifax, HX1 5TW
Please note – There is no onsite parking for this event and members of the public are advised to use public transport