Hebden Bridge Town Hall
Could you bring out someone’s inner Ginger Rogers, help discover the next Ted Hughes or inspire a budding Picasso?
VAC is looking for community groups, organisations and individuals with an interest in creative activities to help deliver an exciting new project working with local residential care homes and Calderdale Royal Hospital.
The project will make a difference to the lives of people in later life or those that have recently left hospital through:
- A creative activity and entertainment programme across the venues
- Support from volunteer befrienders
- Access to community resources
Attend one the upcoming Molly and Bill drop in events for information:
- Tuesday 28 February at Todmorden Fire Station, OL14 5DL – 2pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 1 March at VAC, Hall Street, HX1 5AY – 2pm to 4pm
- Thursday 2 March at Hebden Bridge Town Hall, HX7 7BY – 2pm to 4pm
Or to find out more call 01422 348777 or email email@example.com
The Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery Awareness training is a FREE interactive half day training session for frontline workers, businesses and volunteers.
Wednesday 1 February 2017 – 1pm to 4.30pm
At Hebden Bridge Town Hall, St George’s St, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY
On completion of this session, participants will be able to;
- Explain what human trafficking is and the different types that exist
- Recognise the signs/indicators of different types of trafficking
- Respond appropriately to a victim / case of human trafficking
- How to notify in Calderdale and refer to the NRM
To book your FREE place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If so, then go along to a session by Voluntary Action Calderdale on Monday 27 June from 10am to 1pm at Hebden Bridge Town Hall.
Places are limited and a full agenda will be sent to attendees a week before the event.
Please indicate your attendance by emailing Soo Nevison at email@example.com
Calderdale and Kirklees Alzheimer’s Society have a Dementia Roadshow Bus at Sowerby Bridge Market on Friday 13 May and more on the following dates’
- Tuesday 17 May – Wellington Arcade, Brighouse – 12 to 1pm
- Wednesday 18 May – Woolshops, Halifax – 11am to 1pm
- Thursday 19 May – Todmorden Flea Market – 10am to 12pm
- Friday 20 May – Hebden Bridge Town Hall – 10.30am to 12.30pm
During Dementia Awareness Week there will be events throughout Calderdale where you can ask any questions you have about Dementia and join in for a song if the mood takes you.
With memory trees at each event you are invited to write a message confronting dementia to hang on a tree.
Go along to find out more about the reasons why people move into permanent care. Help identify what more can be done to support people to live the life they choose and discuss how we can keep people safe and well in their own homes.
Monday 14 March 2016 – 1pm to 5pm
At Hebden Bridge Town Hall (Waterfront Hall Room)
The afternoon will include presentations and interactive activities with Tea/coffee and cake provided.
If you or anybody else would like to attend please email your booking request to firstname.lastname@example.org
These drop-in sessions are your opportunity to find out what the council and other organisations are doing to reduce the impact of flooding in the future, discuss future flood defence plans, share flood resilience information and receive details of grants available for people affected by flooding.
There will also be practical demonstrations on how you can make your home or business more resilient to flooding. More information including dates/venues is available online
These drop-in sessions are your opportunity to find out what the council and other organisations are doing to reduce the impact of flooding in the future, discuss future flood defence plans, share flood resilience information and receive details of grants available for people affected by
Also practical demonstrations on how you can make your home or business more resilient to flooding on the following dates:
- Thursday 11 February, 3pm to 7pm – Todmorden Town Hall
- Saturday 13 February, 10am to 1pm – Hebden Bridge Town Hall
- Tuesday 23 February, 3pm to 7pm – Christ church Sowerby Bridge
- Saturday 27 February, 10am to 1pm – Calder High School, Mytholmroyd
- Wednesday 2 March, 3pm to 7pm – Canon Winter Centre, Elland
For more information visit: www.calderdale.gov.uk/environment/flooding
The PRG Support Project at Voluntary Action Calderdale are putting on briefing sessions for anyone who wants to know more about Patient Reference Groups in Calderdale, how they operate and what activities they become involved in on the following dates:
- Tuesday 1 December 2015 – 5pm to 7pm – Voluntary Action Calderdale
- Thursday 28 January 2016 – 5pm to 7pm – Hebden Bridge Town Hall
- Tuesday 16 February 2016 – 5pm to 7pm – Central Methodist Church, Brighouse
Please email email@example.com or call 01422 438723 to book a place.
The Council is currently working to produce a Local Plan for Calderdale. This will set out a framework for how the District will grow over the next 15 years to meet the need for new homes and jobs. It will also identify sites for proposed development, and areas that will be protected.
The consultation starts at 12 noon on Friday 6 November and runs for 6 weeks until 5pm Friday 18 December. Residents and other stakeholders will have the opportunity to comment on potential sites, and other aspects of the Local Plan, and the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule for CIL.
We are very keen to encourage residents and others involved in the community to view the information on the Council’s website and make their comments on line, using the following links to the Local Plan page on the Council’s website.
- Potential Site Allocation Comment Form
- Other aspects of the Local Plan
- Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
The following drop-in events will be held around Calderdale and each will provide information covering the whole of the District. There is no need to register for these events, and people can come along to the venue that is the most convenient for them.
- Monday 16 November – Hebden Bridge Town Hall – 4pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 17 November – Halifax Town Hall – 4pm to 7pm
- Thursday 19 November – Todmorden Town Hall – 4pm to 7pm
- Saturday 21 November – Elland Library – 12pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 24 November – Foundry Street Centre, Sowerby Bridge – 4pm to 7pm
- Thursday 26 November – Mulberry Suite, Brighouse High School, – 4pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 8 December – Threeways Centre, Ovenden – 4pm to 7pm