Hebden Bridge Town Hall
Hebden Bridge Arts festival and Time Out invite all children 10-14 years old to a curious, creative journey over four group sessions, starting this February half term.
If you’re 10-14 & want to try something different and meet new people, you will find something to inspire you in the Underlands
You will need to be available for all four sessions:
Thursday 24th February 10:00-15:30 at HardcastleCrags and
Wednesdays 9th March, 23rd March, 6th April 16:00-18:00 in Hebden Bridge
Sign up via https://tinyurl.com/43rsvyzp or by scanning the QR code in the poster
Could you bring out someone’s inner Ginger Rogers, help discover the next Ted Hughes or inspire a budding Picasso?
VAC is looking for community groups, organisations and individuals with an interest in creative activities to help deliver an exciting new project working with local residential care homes and Calderdale Royal Hospital.
The project will make a difference to the lives of people in later life or those that have recently left hospital through:
- A creative activity and entertainment programme across the venues
- Support from volunteer befrienders
- Access to community resources
Attend one the upcoming Molly and Bill drop in events for information:
- Tuesday 28 February at Todmorden Fire Station, OL14 5DL – 2pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 1 March at VAC, Hall Street, HX1 5AY – 2pm to 4pm
- Thursday 2 March at Hebden Bridge Town Hall, HX7 7BY – 2pm to 4pm
Or to find out more call 01422 348777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery Awareness training is a FREE interactive half day training session for frontline workers, businesses and volunteers.
Wednesday 1 February 2017 – 1pm to 4.30pm
At Hebden Bridge Town Hall, St George’s St, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY
On completion of this session, participants will be able to;
- Explain what human trafficking is and the different types that exist
- Recognise the signs/indicators of different types of trafficking
- Respond appropriately to a victim / case of human trafficking
- How to notify in Calderdale and refer to the NRM
To book your FREE place, email email@example.com
If so, then go along to a session by Voluntary Action Calderdale on Monday 27 June from 10am to 1pm at Hebden Bridge Town Hall.
Places are limited and a full agenda will be sent to attendees a week before the event.
Please indicate your attendance by emailing Soo Nevison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calderdale and Kirklees Alzheimer’s Society have a Dementia Roadshow Bus at Sowerby Bridge Market on Friday 13 May and more on the following dates’
- Tuesday 17 May – Wellington Arcade, Brighouse – 12 to 1pm
- Wednesday 18 May – Woolshops, Halifax – 11am to 1pm
- Thursday 19 May – Todmorden Flea Market – 10am to 12pm
- Friday 20 May – Hebden Bridge Town Hall – 10.30am to 12.30pm
During Dementia Awareness Week there will be events throughout Calderdale where you can ask any questions you have about Dementia and join in for a song if the mood takes you.
With memory trees at each event you are invited to write a message confronting dementia to hang on a tree.
Go along to find out more about the reasons why people move into permanent care. Help identify what more can be done to support people to live the life they choose and discuss how we can keep people safe and well in their own homes.
Monday 14 March 2016 – 1pm to 5pm
At Hebden Bridge Town Hall (Waterfront Hall Room)
The afternoon will include presentations and interactive activities with Tea/coffee and cake provided.
If you or anybody else would like to attend please email your booking request to email@example.com
These drop-in sessions are your opportunity to find out what the council and other organisations are doing to reduce the impact of flooding in the future, discuss future flood defence plans, share flood resilience information and receive details of grants available for people affected by flooding.
There will also be practical demonstrations on how you can make your home or business more resilient to flooding. More information including dates/venues is available online
These drop-in sessions are your opportunity to find out what the council and other organisations are doing to reduce the impact of flooding in the future, discuss future flood defence plans, share flood resilience information and receive details of grants available for people affected by
Also practical demonstrations on how you can make your home or business more resilient to flooding on the following dates:
- Thursday 11 February, 3pm to 7pm – Todmorden Town Hall
- Saturday 13 February, 10am to 1pm – Hebden Bridge Town Hall
- Tuesday 23 February, 3pm to 7pm – Christ church Sowerby Bridge
- Saturday 27 February, 10am to 1pm – Calder High School, Mytholmroyd
- Wednesday 2 March, 3pm to 7pm – Canon Winter Centre, Elland
For more information visit: www.calderdale.gov.uk/environment/flooding