Family Voice is the parent carer forum in Calderdale – working for children and young people aged 0-25 with any disability or additional needs. Find out more at the ‘Working together’ conference 2017.
Friday 17 March 2017 – 10am to 2pm
At The Shay Stadium, Shaw Hill, Halifax, HX1 2YT
What you can expect on the day
- Speakers on ‘Making decisions – Parents as equal partners
- Workshops on ‘Benefits’, ‘Self-advocacy’
- ‘Stress reduction and mindfulness’
- discover what’s on offer locally for disabled children and their families and to identify gaps
- Information stands
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Free entry into a prize draw to win a £50 shopping voucher
- Venue close to Halifax town centre, with free car parking
Places are limited so if you would like to attend please book by calling Lucy at Unique Ways on 01422 343090 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Through March and April 2016, the Stroke Association are raising awareness of the link between high blood pressure and stroke.
Do your bit and take a moment to order a free blood pressure information pack which provides information about the link between high blood pressure and stroke, details about where to get a blood pressure check and tips on how to maintain good blood pressure control.
Surestart are looking for Breastfeeding Peer Supporters to volunteer 2-3 hours per week in Children’s Centres in North & East Halifax and Lower Valley and are now recruiting.
You are invited to drop in to an information event at Field Lane Children’s Centre on Monday 7 March between 1.30pm and 3pm.
Go along to the event to find out more or contact Bridget Hall, Calderdale Breastfeeding Peer Support Network Lead Coordinator on 01422 393480 or 07920 466627 for more information.
These drop-in sessions are your opportunity to find out what the council and other organisations are doing to reduce the impact of flooding in the future, discuss future flood defence plans, share flood resilience information and receive details of grants available for people affected by
Also practical demonstrations on how you can make your home or business more resilient to flooding on the following dates:
- Thursday 11 February, 3pm to 7pm – Todmorden Town Hall
- Saturday 13 February, 10am to 1pm – Hebden Bridge Town Hall
- Tuesday 23 February, 3pm to 7pm – Christ church Sowerby Bridge
- Saturday 27 February, 10am to 1pm – Calder High School, Mytholmroyd
- Wednesday 2 March, 3pm to 7pm – Canon Winter Centre, Elland
For more information visit: www.calderdale.gov.uk/environment/flooding