You may have seen in the news that the the Personal Child Health Record “red book”, containing your child’s health information is to be made available to parents online, as part of government plans to improve NHS care for mothers and new babies. We do not know the timeframe for this yet in Calderdale but will keep you posted.
Potential benefits for parents include:
- access to information so that health and care choices can be made
- an online record of their child’s health and development
- ownership of the wellbeing of their child through links to guidance on healthy choices and *preventing avoidable poor health
- the ability to share their health and wellbeing information with professionals
- being able to set preferences for information sharing and to see who subscribes to this information