Oska Bright Film Festival
The Oska Bright Film Festival 2019 is now calling for submissions.
Oska Bright Film Festival was founded in 2004 by a group of learning disabled filmmakers frustrated at having nowhere to show their work. Starting as a one day celebration of work, the festival has since grown hugely in size and impact.
Submit your film to be in with a chance of screening at the world’s leading learning disability short film festival.
Thy are looking for films for the 2019 festival. At Oska Bright Film Festival exciting and bold work is shown, which celebrates the talents of people with learning disabilities, autism or additional needs.
Over 300 films are entered biennially and just over 60 shown over three days.
The films are judged by the Oska Bright Festival team, who are learning disabled artists and filmmakers.
- Films that are made by, or feature people with a learning disability, autism or additional needs
- Submissions are open to short films from every genre including animation, documentary, drama, experimental, music or artist film
- Films must be no longer than 25 minutes
- If possible, please submit a subtitled version, or provide a transcript
- Please provide a high res version of your film
- The festival is particularly looking to include films by LGBTQ+, BAME, Women and Young People
- You must have permission in writing to use all the music in your film
- Films must be submitted before the deadline on 30 March 2019