Calderdale Council have a shop at Brighouse HWRC for the resale of good quality unwanted items. These can be donated at all household waste recycling centres:
Items we can re-use:
- Furniture, home wares, clothing, bric-a-brac, sports equipment, tools and garden equipment
- Stuffed furniture, such as sofas, mattresses, armchairs and cushions. These must have fire labels attached, dated from 1988 or later, whether indoor or outdoor furniture.
- Children’s toys that display the CE mark on the toy, or its packaging. Showing that the manufacturer has declared that their product complies with European health, safety and environmental legislation.
Items we cannot re-use:
- Due to issues with PAT testing and legal responsibilities surrounding this no electrical items can be sold. These items should be deposited in the electricals’ skip provided. Small electrical items such as hairdryers, toasters and kettles can be placed in your black box and collected on the kerbside collection scheme.
- Safety equipment such as bike helmets, children’s car seats, life jackets cannot be sold from Revive.
All items will be checked to ascertain whether they are fit for purpose.
Note: Pedestrians are not allowed on site to gain access to the re-use shop. You must park in the designated car park for the shop.