Unique Ways is hosting a FREE course on Parenting for Healthy Emotional Wellbeing on Saturday, 19 January 2019, 10:00am-3:00pm at their offices in Hanson Lane Enterprise Centre, Halifax HX1 5PG.
Our Parenting for Health and Emotional Wellbeing (PHEW) course is for parents and carers of 11 to 18-year-olds with additional needs.
We don’t have all the answers about what’s best for your child – after all, you’re the one who knows them best.
The aim of the course is to share tools, ideas and insight that will help you to recognise and improve the mental health and wellbeing of your young person. It is then up to you how to best use this information to support your young person, and if you believe that your young person needs further professional support then we’ll be able to point you in the right direction.
Tickets are £20 which includes Indian buffet and entertainment and can be booked online from the Facebook Event.
Net event proceeds go towards the work of Unique Ways – a local Halifax based charity who help parent carers throughout Calderdale who have children with a disability or additional need.
They also want to alert you to the forthcoming Early Years SEND Conference at Savile Park School on Saturday 14 October from 9:15am to 3:30pm which will focus on the practical ideas to enhance the learning and development of children with SEND.
The charge will be £20 for parents, £25 for Calderdale professionals and practitioners and £50 for others.
Family Voice is the parent carer forum in Calderdale – working for children and young people aged 0-25 with any disability or additional needs. Find out more at the ‘Working together’ conference 2017.
Friday 17 March 2017 – 10am to 2pm
At The Shay Stadium, Shaw Hill, Halifax, HX1 2YT
What you can expect on the day
- Speakers on ‘Making decisions – Parents as equal partners
- Workshops on ‘Benefits’, ‘Self-advocacy’
- ‘Stress reduction and mindfulness’
- discover what’s on offer locally for disabled children and their families and to identify gaps
- Information stands
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Free entry into a prize draw to win a £50 shopping voucher
- Venue close to Halifax town centre, with free car parking
Places are limited so if you would like to attend please book by calling Lucy at Unique Ways on 01422 343090 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As you may know, part of the work of Family Voice Calderdale is to provide parent carer representatives to attend various meetings organised by Calderdale Council on the theme of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
These reps are there to represent Calderdale parent carers, to inform decision makers about the experiences of parents and to ensure that parents’ views are fed into decisions about services at a strategic level.
Calderdale Council are working on setting up some new focus groups, and would like to have parent reps attend them. These new groups are:-
- Early Identification. Looking at how the area identifies children and young people with SEND in a timely fashion?
- Health Services for Children and Young People with SEND
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Parent Carer Participation – working on ways to get parents and carers more involved in planning and delivery of services
If you are interested in becoming a rep on any of these groups, or if you just want to find out a bit more, please phone Lucy on 01422 343090 or email email@example.com