Charities in the voluntary sector are facing more and more challenging times, and we need our incredible volunteers now more than email@example.com 972685We have THREE different volunteering opportunities at Healthy Minds, one of them could be right up your street! 💭 Befriending Volunteer for our Like Minds Peer Support Project, supporting a peer to improve their mental health. 💭 Walk Leaders for our Walks for Wellbeing programme 💭 Volunteers for our Time Out project for children and young people, helping to deliver mental health education workshops in schools. Interested? Please pop Cath an email or call/text:
Have You Considered Volunteering with a Difference?
Becoming a Trustee could be the role for you
The VSIA and CMBC are hosting an event on
Thursday 30th June at Square Chapel Arts Centre
from 5.30pm to 8pm
The event is aimed both at organisations looking to recruit trustees as well as individuals with an interest in becoming a trustee and what that means.
You will receive information on the role of trustees and the many benefits for an organisation and the volunteer.
Refreshments will be provided in the event.
If you’d like to take part, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Places for voluntary groups at the event will be limited to maximum of 2 people per organisation
- We’d like it if one of those could be an existing Trustee who can share their Board experiences to potential new Trustees
- Once confirmed with a place, groups will be invited to a brief preparation session before the event (on Zoom) so that we can advise on how to ‘sell’ your organisation and what kind of things to remember to tell a new person
After the event we’ll put you in touch with those who are interested in joining your board / committee or would simply like a longer conversation with you.
To book places for your organisation, email Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
For those interested in volunteering within our Sure Start Children’s Centre, we will be holding two training sessions at Wellholme Park Children’s Centre on Wednesday 15th June and Wednesday 22nd of June from 12 pm – 2 pm.
Volunteering can help you make friends, learn new skills, advance your career, or simply make you feel happier and healthier, not to mention being part of the high quality childcare service Sure Start Children’s Centres are proud to provide to the local area!
If interested, you need to book your place and complete both courses.
Sure Start Children’s Centres and North Halifax Partnership will be holding a drop-in event during Volunteers Week (1 – 7th June) which is the perfect chance to hear about our volunteering opportunities.
Take a look at the available roles and read further to find out more about what Making Space Calderdale does.
- CWSC Volunteer fundraiser Flexible / can be done from home
- CWSC- Volunteer Getting Online Support Various days/times
- CWSC- Volunteer group support As and when needed
- CWSC Volunteer Office Admin Assistant Various days/times
- CWSC- Volunteer phone support – Various : Mon – Fri 9am 5pm
- CWSC Volunteer Shopping Assistant – Various days/times
- CWCS Volunteer Young Adult Carer Group Support 3-6 hours per month / evenings and weekends
- CWSC Volunteer Awareness Raising and Promoting
About Carers Wellbeing Service Calderdale
Within our service we offer specialist support to young adult carers aged 18-25 and as part of this we run monthly activity sessions for the group. These sessions may include bowling, meals out and day trips. We are looking for a volunteer to support our young adult carers lead during these sessions.
Why should you volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to meet people, learn things whilst also utilising your skills and experiences. You would be making a difference supporting people to have fun whilst also using their strengths to build confidence. You would be encouraging people to keep active either physically or mentally which has positive benefits on health and wellbeing.
To find out more about these positions, please contact Aidan Greenwood
t: 01422 369101