Reflective Women at WomenCentre will be a supportive, creative, mindful thinking environment inspired by the life and words of Maya Angelou.
‘If you don’t like something, change it.
If you can’t change it, change your attitude’ Maya Angelou
It will enable you to
- Re-think your story
- reflect on past experiences and how they have impacted on your sense of self
- use & develop thinking skills
- develop positive decision-making and self-esteem
- Re-write your story
- find your voice and tell your lived experience your way
- set goals for the future to achieve your potential
- use creativity such as writing, poetry and art
- create materials to help others
Thursdays 11am – 2pm starting 16 November 2017
with Thinking Environment Practitioner Lesley Whiting and Writer and Facilitator Emma Decent.
Come along to any of the sessions or contact Lesley Whiting or Alison Lord at WomenCentre, 23 Silver Street, Halifax HX1 1JN. Telephone: 01422 386500 Ext 220
The Mayor of Calderdale invites you to join her for a Community Coffee Morning including raffles, tombola’s with proceeds to the Mayor’s Charities – Parkison’s UK (Halifax and District) & WomenCentre.
Friday 8 April – 10am to 12noon
At the Halifax Town Hall, Halifax, HX1 1ZS
Admission is FREE and everyone welcome to go along
Treat yourself or somebody else to hand crafted jewellery, clothes, up cycled hand sewn gifts, Christmas presents, delicious cakes and more at the WomenCentre Winter Wellbeing Fayre.
Saturday 28 November – 12pm to 4pm
At WomenCentre, 15 Lord Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1QB
Try Reiki, Massage and Singing or take a chance to win on tombola or a raffle. Contact WomenCentre on 01484 450866 or visit www.womencentre.org.uk for information.