Time Out free Christmas holiday workshops open for bookings!
Time Out’s free programme of Christmas holiday workshops for children and young people is now open for bookings. Join us for a week of chaotic Christmas creativity and fun, with workshops in creative writing and drawing, boxing, making explosive Christmas gifts, an acting masterclass and ending with a singalong Christmas party. A free hot lunch is available for activities at the Orangebox.
Booking is essential so check out our flyer for all the information
email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries
or visit www.timeoutcalderdale.co.uk.
Elland’s Happiness Lab Showcase Friday 15th July at 7pm
Over the past 8 months we have been dancing, drawing, writing, singing, and making with the community in and around Elland to explore what happiness means to them for our Elland’s Happiness Lab project.
We would like to share our ‘findings’ and celebrate the project with you at a special evening event involving:
- A preview of our happiness exhibition of drawing and writing from local groups, schools, and individuals (the full exhibition will be in Elland Library from 18th July)
- A wonderful documentary film about the project, made by the brilliant Rainbow Trout Films
- A ‘taster menu’ of live dance performance – each one inspired by the themes that have emerged from the project. Performed by local community members and Curious Motion dancers, with choreography by myself and the performers.
- There will of course be brews, refreshments and light snacks available too (vegetarian/ vegan).
Please join us on Friday 15th July, 7pm, at Southgate Church in Elland (HX5 0JL). This is our first venture back into community events and we would love to share this with you!
Make sure to book a ticket as we have limited spaces available
>> Click HERE to book <<
Tickets are Pay as You Feel – free tickets are available for anyone who needs them, or you can make a donation amount of your choice. All donations are gratefully received to ensure we can build on this project and support the long-term wellbeing of the local community.
Hope to see you there.
Sam and the team at Curious Motion x
Venue : Southgate Methodist Church, Langdale St, Elland HX5 0JL
Write a story, get it published and even made into a film!
‘Screen Your Story’ is a wonderful opportunity for all young storytellers to get their book published and even have it made into a film!
This years theme is horror but it doesn’t need to be blood and gore – probably better not.
Write one of the best stories and your prize will be to see it published in a superb, fully illustrated collection ‘Stories From the Young’. You will also get the chance to work with professional film makers to make your story into a film and see your film shown at the Barnes Film Festival in September 2017.
There are 7 groups for entries:
- Up to and including Reception
- Years 1 and 2
- Years 3 and 4
- Years 5 and 6
- Years 7 and 8
- Year 9 and over
- Red Letter entries for students with special educational needs
Competition ends Tuesday 28 February 2016